No company can afford not to move forward. It may be at the top of the heap today but at the bottom of the heap tomorrow, if it doesn’t.
– James Cash Penney, founder, JC Penney
2019 has been a great year for Automatad in terms of product and growth. Every year, we up our game but this year we exceeded our own expectations. With the new year 2020 on the horizon, we thought we should give a glimpse of all the important events that happened at Automatad.
We added new features to our product to increase efficiency and enhance our services so our publishers can focus more on content creation whilst earning higher revenue.
- We enabled HeaderBidding on AMP.
- We also enabled interscroller ad format (the interscroller format is the ad that appears underneath the mobile web page content as the user scrolls down the page).
- We launched ‘Nivid‘ – a new reporting dashboard for publishers.
- With our new dashboard now you can :
– Analyze bidder’s bid/win price by geo, domain, with price range distribution.
– Analyze bid latency by bidder, geo, and domain.
- We have also enabled Post-bid analysis of users and placements for the detection of GIVT/SIVT. ( read more about GIVT/SIVT here)
- Ad fraud has always been a concern for most of our publishers, keeping this in mind, we are also working towards enabling advanced bot fingerprinting which will help in blocking ad fraud. ( This is still in beta and should be out in 2020).
Customers & Partnerships:
In 2019, our customer base doubled as opposed to last year and has attracted publishers from all over the globe. Additionally, we added 15+ SSPs & networks to participate in our auctions. We serviced 387 publishers across the globe (50+ countries) to increase their revenues.
Company & Growth:
This year, we noticed a higher number in the sign-ups up to 200% more sign-ups more than last year and since we introduced additional new features the churn has drastically dropped. We now auction 3B+ impressions per month under our systems and all of them are direct publisher relationships.
Marketing & Events:
In terms of marketing, we launched our headerbidding blog in the year 2017 and since then the blog has attracted traffic of more than 104k. In 2018, we introduced Adtech weekly and decode series which were the major drivers of traffic to our blog. Last year we introduced becoming series which boosted it further and helped us drive more subscriptions up to 350% more than last year. In the last quarter, we launched Adops Quickfix which helps publishers and ad ops execs find solutions to their queries. We had some of the best in the industry and top execs sign up for our content – Google, Variety, PMC, TheGuardian, NYTimes, etc.
The highlight of the year was when Ryan Schrieber, founder of pitchfork signed up for the becoming series!
Additionally, our teams attended 3 Digiday events last year and will be seen at more events in 2020 across the globe.
All in all, it was a great year for Automatad, Inc and hoping it would continue to be the same in the year 2020. We are forever grateful to our teams and our publisher partners for their support and feedback and for helping us grow and evolve.
We wish you all a happy and joyous 2020!